Right now there are three leg sizes which are described below:
Standard: The standard rack will fit 26", 650b, and up to 700x35c tire size with a fender (mounted to the lower fork eyelets).
Tall: The Tall rack is made for any tire size over 700x35c and up to a 29er size tire - I have fit a 29 x 2.1".
Fat tire: This works best with Surly, Tumbleweed, and other fat bike forks. Contact me for more specific info about your bike.
Features are as follows:
The rack is fully brass brazed using 4130 chromoly aircraft tubing, same tubing as steel bicycle frames.
Racks are powder coated with color choices of silver or black. Unpainted is an option as well, if you plan to have it paint matched. Not available if you want an unpained rack.
Weight of the five rail rack, with all nuts, bolts, and mounting hardware: 2 lb 1 oz (935.55 g)
Weight of the three rail rack with all nuts, bolts, and mounting hardware: 1 lb 13 oz (815 g)
- Five Rail 11"x12.5" (center to center) OR 27.94 cm x 31.75 cm
- Three Rail: 6.375" x 13" (center to center) OR 16.19 cm x 33 cm
- Allows for travel ease, use the big platform on a tour and still be able to get it in a bike box for shipping.
Ortlieb bags with the QL2 mounting hardware work great and are what I use for touring and shopping. Other bags should work great too, but please contact the manufacturer or me to be sure.
1. Built-in light post that works with a battery powered light (using an optional custom made Gino light mount, which I sell)
2. If a generator hub is something you have or are interested in, the rack is ready for it. The light post holds the light secure and the wire neatly runs inside the leg for a clean fit-up.
3. Optional post on the left leg (non-drive) lets you run two lights at once.
A lot of forks only have one set of eyelets, so if you want to install a rack, you would have a difficult decision to make: fenders or rack. No fear! Standard on all racks are a set of mounting points for fenders: rack attaches to bike and fenders attach to rack.